Random 'DDR' payment out my bank?

CyberShibe
Contributor
Contributor

£17.99 came out my bank account this morning under "Paypal Payment first DDR payment"

1. I don't even know what this is.
2. There is no activity on my paypal account for £17.99.

3. I don't owe anyone £17.99 when it comes to either a Direct Debit, one off or purchase.

How do I get this money back? What does this even mean? 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CyberShibe 

When you add a bank account to paypal it sets up the direct debit mandate so that paypal can take authorised payments for any purchases you make (or pay your Ebay fees).
No company eg water/electric can take funds from your bank account on a regular basis without that direct debit.
However the amount shown is always the ''last'' transaction / amount that you paid to a seller via paypal.

Sometimes it does not coincide with the date you made the payment as paypal CREDIT the seller in advance and then paypal wait for the funds to transfer from your bank account, they can 'leave' that account at anytime from a few hours up to a few days later. Also the 'amount' can sometimes not be recognised if you used it as a part-payment with the rest coming from funds already in your paypal balance.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

CyberShibe
Contributor
Contributor

I haven't added a new card recently. My last purchase was some zoo tickets for £8.00 over a week ago. I've looked back all the way to 2019 and I have not used my paypal for anything costing or anywhere near £17.99. There has never been funds in my paypal account so it's not a part payment either. 

It's a random transaction that I haven't authorised Paypal to take and my activity doesn't even show that transaction only my bank does yet it comes named Paypal DDR.

How do I get the name of that company, that money back and stop this? 

Login to Me Too

SianLou89
New Community Member
Hi, Have you managed to resolve this? I am having the same problem!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.