Rakuten deposited my rebate check - but its not available to use in my PayPal account. Any ideas?

megs0511
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All, New here. Rakuten deposited a check into my paypal account. I see the transaction but the money is not available to use. Any ideas? THANK YOU!

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@megs0511 

As you have not added your country to your profile (so we can see when we hover over your username) or said in your post which country you are in then sadly can't advise.
Paypal varies a great deal country to country so you need to tell us where you are on this worldwide community forum.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

megs0511
Contributor
Contributor
I’m from the USA. Thank you for your help.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@megs0511 

Are the funds showing in your balance but on hold or not in your balance at all?

Or are they showing as pending with a clearance date?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

megs0511
Contributor
Contributor

The funds are not showing in my balance, but shows they were deposited.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@megs0511 

Then they may have been auto withdrawn to your linked bank account / card?

Was it a refund? if so then that is what would have happened OR if it was a deposit of sent money then if you don't have a paypal cash or cash plus account it would have gone automatically to your bank account.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

megs0511
Contributor
Contributor
It was not a refund - was a rebate check. Checked all of my linked bank accounts for the credit and was not deposited. The email from Rakuten states it will be a PayPal balance credit… 😞
Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hi everyone!!

Thank you @kernowlass for all your help on this one!! We appreciate all your expertise you lend our users 🙂 

@megs0511, it sounds like your funds may be on hold - is that right? If so, here's a great Help Center Guide All About Holds you may find useful.

If the payment isn't on hold, do you see any steps that need to be completed in your Resolution Center

I hope that helps!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.