REFUND...Where is it?

Gcort49
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased an on-line item from local retailer, paying with, 'PayPal Credit' (linked with Bank account). 

I then returned the item, locally.

My PayPal account indicated 'Refund', and amount appeared as it should in Activity and 'Money In'. I waited 6 days as refund amount sat in 'Money In'. It is now gone, but does not appear in my my bank account as a credit.

Is there a time period I need to wait between it moves form 'Money In' to my bank? I would have thought it was instantaneous.

Thank you

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Gcort49 

If you funded the original Paypal payment to the seller from your bank account or a card then once marked refunded/completed it will automatically go back to that bank account or card.
Normally it can take a few days up to a week to go back to a bank account and a bit longer for a card, Paypal say allow 30 days for a card (1 billing cycle) but its rarely that long.
(Can vary according to country though).
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ1212

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Gcort49 

If you funded the original Paypal payment to the seller from your bank account or a card then once marked refunded/completed it will automatically go back to that bank account or card.
Normally it can take a few days up to a week to go back to a bank account and a bit longer for a card, Paypal say allow 30 days for a card (1 billing cycle) but its rarely that long.
(Can vary according to country though).
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ1212

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Gcort49
Contributor
Contributor

My question was about 2 refunds I rec'd from sellers. The money refunded appeared in, 'Money In'. It remained there for a week, then it was gone. Where didi it go? I purchased items via PayPal 6month credit, then returned for a refund.

Once the money disappeared from Money In, I did not see it credited to my bank account or Pay Pal credit/balance account...what happens to the money refunded?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.