Problems with Automatic payments to my service provider.

grojared
Contributor
Contributor

Over the past number of months I have tried to set up recurring payments once per month to a service provider of mine. I have read over and tried to follow the instructions in the Paypal instructions on how to set up a recurring payment. In the instructions that I found it says that I need to find the merchant that I want to change to automatic (recurring) payments and click on their name to manage the payment method. The problem is that my service providers name (that is showing up in my payment history) is not on the list of my merchants. It's almost like Paypal doesn't recognize my service provider as a merchant. I've been sending a payment to this person for many months, month after month, and it works fine to send money....BUT I can never figure out how to send recurring monthly payments. 

Please help. I am tired of not being able to set up recurring payments. Thank you. 

Jared

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_JonK

Hello @grojared,

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear you're running into issues setting up automatic payments. I would recommend reaching out to the merchant / service provider to see if they accept automatic payments. If they do, they can provide you with an invoice to setup monthly payments. 

Good luck!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

grojared
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you JonK for your reply,

There may be a misunderstanding here. My service provider and I do all of our payments strictly through Paypal and no additional invoice is necessary for this service as my Paypal payments serve as my invoice for my records. The service provider has told me that he is more than happy to have me give automatic payments through Paypal. 

My question is, what would be the reason that there is no recognition within the Paypal system that this person (the service provider) is not being recognized as a merchant? Is there some sort of requirement that the service provider would need to meet in order to be able to receive automatic payments from me? How can I send my service provider automatic payments? I have not been able to figure that out. 

THank you, 

Jared 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.