Prepaid credit card

MD487
Contributor
Contributor

Can a person use a prepaid credit card as payment to another party from paypal?

I prefer to send money anonymously but sometimes the options are only with paypal. I would like to know if I can add a credit card that has a prepaid balance on it to use if I want to send a payment to someone.

In todays world I don't always want another party to have any access to my personal information.

Thanks, MD

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_RachelK

Hi @MD487,

Welcome to the PayPal Community and thank you for your post!

I do understand your concern with this. Depending on the type of card, you may have the option to add it to your PayPal account. This can be done by following the steps here

If you are able to successfully add your card to your PayPal account, you should then have the option to use it to send payments. 

Please be aware that you won't have the option to send a payment anonymously via PayPal. When you send payment via PayPal, the receiver will be able to see your full name and email address. Don't worry, they won't have access to any of your financial information. 

I hope this helps!

- Rachel 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

PayPal_RachelK

Hi @MD487,

Welcome to the PayPal Community and thank you for your post!

I do understand your concern with this. Depending on the type of card, you may have the option to add it to your PayPal account. This can be done by following the steps here

If you are able to successfully add your card to your PayPal account, you should then have the option to use it to send payments. 

Please be aware that you won't have the option to send a payment anonymously via PayPal. When you send payment via PayPal, the receiver will be able to see your full name and email address. Don't worry, they won't have access to any of your financial information. 

I hope this helps!

- Rachel 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.