Preferred payment method BLANK on merchant paypal checkout.

threedogsmama
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal checkout is failing on most merchant websites.  When I click to use Paypal for checkout, it redirects me to log in fine, but then comes up with my preferred payment method is BLANK.  I only have one card on file at the time as I removed all others plus I removed my bank account.
The one remaining card is set to my preferred payment method. 

It's been confirmed with the $1.95 charge.  It's IN my wallet on the PayPal site.

But the card field is blank in merchant checkout. 

There is no option for guest checkout as a workaround, it just automatically goes to log in.  And the checkout will not let me "add" the card to the blank field.  

I removed my bank account and all the cards because I have been told there is a "security flaw" in some "programming" in my account, and I am certain this is true because I have to log in again every time, I click on anything inside my PayPal account, including support messages, but this has been going on for weeks and why can it not be fixed?  I tried to remove the last card, and it also won't let me remove it!

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @threedogsmama,

Welcome back to our Community Help Forum and thanks for posting!

Sorry to hear that you're not complete the payment using your card. It is possible that you could be running into our security system. Every time you try to make a payment, it goes through a series of filter to determine the risk involved. If the system deems risk, it may temporarily block the payment or limit the payment options. In such cases, try to complete the payment at a later date by clearing cache/cookies from your browser or try using a different browser/device.

You may not be able to remove your card, if there's any pending transaction or your card was used as the backup payment method for a recent payment. You can wait for few days and try again to remove your card. You can also reach out to our team through the available contact options at the bottom of PayPal page or message is through Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages for any additional assistance.

Best wishes,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

threedogsmama
Contributor
Contributor

It doesn't matter what browser or what day or time it is.  Paypal has become Payment Prevention and is useless for it's intended purpose.

Login to Me Too

threedogsmama
Contributor
Contributor

I was informed by a representative named ANNA that my card was blocked "by the system" from use in the checkout, and I want to know WHY and I want to know what needs to be done to correct this.  I spoke to maybe 50 different representatives who either didn't understand the problem or didn't speak English when I finally reached ANNA.  She said she was going to fix it, but when she put me on hold, suddenly the call was routed to another 50 inept phone bots.  I filed a complaint with the CFPB because this is a discriminatory business practice, and the response to that was completely obtuse and irrelevant, too.  

Login to Me Too

threedogsmama
Contributor
Contributor

Why is Paypal's "Security System" still blocking legitimate transactions? 
Did PP hire those programmers on Fiverr?
If one of my guard dogs tried to bite me, I'd have it put down.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.