Preferred Payment Method isn't being used

BH31
Contributor
Contributor

Hey All,

I have a credit card and debit card linked to my account.  My credit card has always been my preferred payment method. My debit card is only on there because they make you.   

Anyways, the original credit card was cancelled due to fraudulant chargers (not paypal related). So i logged in, deleted the card, and added the new credit card and marked it as preferred payment method. Sounds like i should be all set to make purchases through paypal expecting it to take the money from my credit card not my debit card, right? Well, this isn't happening.  I use a Mapco Gas App that is linked to my paypal account to make gas purchases. (It saves $0.05 off a gallon, lol) Well, I have used my Mapco app twice sense updating my new card/preferred payment method and it keeps taking the money from my debit card.  Unfortunately I dont ever use my debit card so i keep a very low balance. Thus, when I used this app 2 times it caused an overdraft in my checking account each time, costing me $25. I attempted to reach out to Paypal regarding this. I had to make a ticket, not knowing which drop down selection to choose i just picked one and then explained my problem in the notes.  Well, i just got an email from paypal saying claim denied!  No, explanation, no tips to keep this from happening again, nothing.   Not sure what else to do.   Has anyone had this happen to them before?

Login to Me Too
40 REPLIES 40

lde1
Contributor
Contributor

I no longer trust PayPal so I am not using the service. To set your preferred account only to have PP use any account by their own whim or not make it clear which account was being withdrawn from is not an acceptable business practice. I've been financially damaged by their actions overdrawing a bank account that I used on one occasion. I can see by this thread that it happens to many other people. This is a substantial problem that PP seems to want to sweep under the rug when some simple programming of their system would prevent the problem. Sooner or later someone will take the time to file a lawsuit.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.