Pre-authorization

Nkonsam
New Community Member
I had to make a transaction to Alibaba via Paypal. They transacted an amount of 110 dollars from my bank but even the payment said unsuccessful. My bank is minus 110 dollars and the payment for the product asking said unsuccessful.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Jacob

Hello @Nkonsam,

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear about this failed transaction. While the transaction may have failed, it sounds like an authorization may have been placed still for the payment which will show up as pending on your PayPal account. You can learn more about authorizations here. I hope this helps to understand this situation. 

-Jacob

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Divya07
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Jacob, I am facing a similar issue. I made payment to Astrology University(AU) for a course via PayPal. But after making the transaction, there is only a notification in my paypal account that $350 were pre-authorized for a payment on ur card xx-xx. If it isn't completed or completed for a different amount, any pending amounts will drop off. I have not got the course from the AU. So here what's the issue ? What should I do ?? I am also checking with the AU people. Pls respond
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adam1

Hi, thanks for posting in our Community! It sounds like the merchant hasn't completed your payment yet. An authorization hold typically falls off after a few days, but merchants have up to 30 days to capture a payment once you place an order. You should see the authorization update to a completed payment when that happens. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.