Poor Exchange Conversion Rates

IslandB0y77
New Community Member

Hi all

I have a customer in China I deal with regularly, and I lose AT LEAST 9% on EVERY transaction! I can understand a 1-2% loss, but 9%? That's usury, also known as gouging. I spoke to someone at their Message Center, but of course I just got the "company line" about them using slightly out-of-date rates (ha ha - yeah, like a month or two... or three). For the moment I'm a bit stuck with having to use PayPal, since it's very difficult receiving money from China - that's what one gets for dealing with businesses under a totalitarian regime. I'm still looking at ways I can get paid WITHOUT getting gouged by the likes of PayPal, but for now, I have to put up with losing almost 15% of my income thanks to ticket-clippers like PayPal (that's 4.5% for their "standard" fee, + 9%ish for the rubbish exchange rate they give me). Hey, PayPal - how about making the world a better place by NOT lining your pockets at our expense? You're already making a ton of cash off us with your high fees. Why not do the morally right thing and give us a fair exchange rate?

What are other people's experiences? Apparently there's some way to "complain" to PayPal, but I've not found how to do that yet.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.