Pending refund

Atravolta
Contributor
Contributor
I paid someone $1200 through PayPal. They then issued me a refund via an e-check. It has been pending since March 11. PayPal insists that it is something on her end and when she calls they give her a different story. I have called so many times and they refuse to help. What can I do?
Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Atravolta 

How did you pay? Friends/family or goods/services?

If its the latter then open a dispute for non receipt of item or item not as described.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Atravolta
Contributor
Contributor
Friends and family. It was a payment to Mt landlord for rent.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Atravolta 

Then why would you pay your rent and then have it refunded, can't quite understand?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Atravolta
Contributor
Contributor

I usually pay through a different app (Venmo) however my debit card was lost and I was waiting for a new one.  The only account I had connected to my bank acct was PayPal so I used it to pay my rent. Once my landlord received it they were going to be charged fees so they decided to send me a refund and then once received I would just pay by check or wait until my new bank card arrived.  The refund has been pending since March 11th and I cannot get any answers from PayPal customer service.  Every time I call or message they give me a different story.  

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

@Atravolta, thank you for your reply and clarifying that issue. And my apologies for the continued confusion, for some reason I read that month incorrectly. Also, I completely understand $1200 is no small amount, this would certainly be concerning for me as well. If the eCheck refund your landlord sent would have failed, normally you would see the refund status update to a "failed" or "denied" status. Since the refund is still pending, it sounds like there may be some kind of other issue with the transfer. Have you or your landlord received any kind of request for additional information regarding the transfer? This would be through the email attached to your account, the Secure Message Center, or possibly the Resolution Center on PayPal. If not, you may need to continue to work with our Support Teams.

Since calling Customer Support has not been fruitful, I'd recommend reaching out to our Support Teams through Facebook PM or Twitter DM. 

My apologies for the inconvenience this continues to cause. 

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hi everyone! Thank you @kernowlass for your help so far on this thread. Your time and assistance are much appreciated. 

@Atravolta, welcome to the PayPal Community Forum! I'm sorry to hear a recent transaction hasn't gone quite as you had expected. It sounds like you may have paid by eCheck - is that right? If so, we would normally need to wait 3-5 days for the funds to fully debit from your bank and be received at PayPal. From there, we'll normally send the funds right back to your bank which may take another 3-5 business days to complete. 

My apologies for any inconvenience this may cause, 

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Atravolta
Contributor
Contributor
It's been since March 11th! 3-5 has come and gone multiple times.
Login to Me Too

Atravolta
Contributor
Contributor
I didn't pay by e-check but the refund was by e-check. But that was done on March 11th and I still don't have my money
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.