Pending payment

Antipropagando
Contributor
Contributor
So I tried to pay for some train tickets but the transaction was declined multiple times. Now my money is reserved from my linked credit card and paypal is saying that if the payment is voided for any reason, the pending amount won’t be charged. It may take a few days for this to show on your card statement. How long will it take to get my money back on my card?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @Antipropagando,

Welcome to our community forum and thank you for your post!

I understand your concern about your funds which are reserved in your card. When you make a purchase, you authorized a PayPal payment to the merchant. It sounds like an authorization is still pending in your card for the purchase you tried to complete. No need to worry! Orders or authorizations typically expire in 30 days and the payment which is on hold will be released in your card.

I hope this information helps, have a great day!

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @Antipropagando,

Welcome to our community forum and thank you for your post!

I understand your concern about your funds which are reserved in your card. When you make a purchase, you authorized a PayPal payment to the merchant. It sounds like an authorization is still pending in your card for the purchase you tried to complete. No need to worry! Orders or authorizations typically expire in 30 days and the payment which is on hold will be released in your card.

I hope this information helps, have a great day!

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Antipropagando
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for the answer, it calmed my nerves at least 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.