Pending authorisation double help

Lw82
Contributor
Contributor

Tried buying a computer product and paying by take 3. First didn't go through on the shop website so I tried again and that's went through no problem. But I'm now sat with two take 3 for the same thing even though its only went through once. Both showing pending and I'm down nearly 150. How long before the first once dissappears from my PayPal and the money goes back into my account as says pending awaiting authorisation. The second attempt is all sorted and item will be delivered tomorrow. Thank you

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Craig

Hi @Lw82

Welcome to the Community! 

When purchasing with Pay in 3, we will conduct a pre-authorization hold on your specified card or bank for an amount equal to the initial down payment or one-third of your total purchase amount.

This will show as a pending authorization within your PayPal account "Activity", and also at your financial institution.

If your order were not processed due to any technical issues, the pending authorization would be automatically be voided by PayPal within 72 hours of the pre-authorization hold.

Once the pending authorization is cancelled, the funds will be returned to your bank/card, and the time for the funds to reach back depends on the type of payment method.

I hope this helps,

PayPal_Craig 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.