Paypal transactions, Payment: "Refund pending until", until what, when??

Andre166
Contributor
Contributor

Bought on online marketing product from a Vendor on Clickbank through Paypal on 17 Jan 2023.  Requested on 18 Feb 2023 (in 30 day refund period) a refund on Clickbank which Clickbank and the Vendor confirmed on 18 Feb 2023 that a full refund was processed by them.  Vendor and Clickbank confirmed again by email and Clickbank support chat that the full refund was processed by both of them on 18 Feb 2023.  Clickbank support rep then said I need to contact Paypal why still showing in Paypal, Payment: "Pending until", my question until what, when????

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Andre166 

Pending refunds can only happen for two reasons.

1. The seller has issued a refund from their bank account which takes time to process.

2. You funded the payment to the seller using bank transfer. What PayPal do here is credit the recipient on your behalf (so there is no delay in despatching your item). Then if you receive a refund in the meantime they are unable to issue this until the original bank transfer completes.

https://www.paypal.com/cshelp/article/where-is-my-refund-help130

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Andre166 

Pending refunds can only happen for two reasons.

1. The seller has issued a refund from their bank account which takes time to process.

2. You funded the payment to the seller using bank transfer. What PayPal do here is credit the recipient on your behalf (so there is no delay in despatching your item). Then if you receive a refund in the meantime they are unable to issue this until the original bank transfer completes.

https://www.paypal.com/cshelp/article/where-is-my-refund-help130

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.