Paypal to GCash fund transfer problem

gpmasiglat
New Community Member

Is anybody else having problems with transferring their funds to GCash? It says 'This service is temporarily unavailable due to PayPal system maintenance. Please check back later.' but I cannot find any this maintenance on PayPal status page. How long do you think this will last? Thank you!

Login to Me Too
125 REPLIES 125

JayceeE
Contributor
Contributor

Is EON instant transfer like Gcash?

Login to Me Too

Jazekmon
Contributor
Contributor
If you have a UnionBank EON Visa card, link that card on your Paypal dashboard as credit card. Upon successfully linking the card, Paypal will label it as a debit card. You can now transfer your Paypal funds to your debit card and you will receive your money immediately. I have tried this last sunday and using the UnionBank app, I confirmed that I have received my money immediately, like just seconds or a minute. If you want to test it out, try transfering 100.01 pesos as paypal deduct a fee of 50 pesos. Though small transfers incur a fee, transfering large amount is free (no fee). I did that and I regret transfering 100 pesos to test it out and got deducted by 50 pesos as a fee, while later on I transfered all my funds and learned there's no fee. I would've saved my 50 pesos.
Login to Me Too

JayceeE
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much. This really helps. I have been using Gcash for the longest time.  I do have an EON account ATM, it came with my Unionbank ATM, I have it just lying around the house since I am not using it. Now I have to find it.. hahaha. 

Login to Me Too

Jazekmon
Contributor
Contributor
Halt for a minute! I've just checked on my GCash app now and cashing-in through paypal is now available. Maybe this will save you from the hassle of finding your card 🙂
Login to Me Too

nzjcadorna
Contributor
Contributor

How? I tried encashing today and still getting the same error. 

Login to Me Too

Sour_Lemons
Contributor
Contributor

Made a forum account just to say I've been experiencing this as well for the past 4 days.

The marked solution isn't a solution but a workaround not for everyone so I dunno as well why it was marked as solved.
Nothing against the one who proposed the workaround heck I think even he is surprised why it is marked as a solution.

I've contacted gcash support and received an email telling me that my bank is undergoing maintenance and that I should try again later.
This is as bad as a canned reply from them.
They might as well say they don't give a damn about my concern.

No I didn't mention my bank nor was I doing a bank transaction unless paypal or gcash now counts as a bank.

Login to Me Too

Sour_Lemons
Contributor
Contributor
The gcash app was offline for a few hours earlier and paypal works again now after maintenance. I immediately converted my funds and transferred it even if today's conversion is bad. Just a heads up to the rest.
Login to Me Too

Imjenn
Still having problem. Anyone experiencing here?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi everyone, 

We're sorry for the inconvenience. This is a known issue and our teams are working to resolve it as soon as possible. At this time we do not have an estimated time when this will be resolved.

Thanks 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

jc_abergido
Contributor
Contributor

Been waiting for all day today. Still saying that Paypal is still under maintenance. I can't Cash in from Paypal to my Gcash. Is there any update about this? Thanks.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.