Paypal taking money twice

Mac_of_BIOnighT
Contributor
Contributor

Last week I sent a 36 euro payment to somebody. I didn't realize that my bank account was down to zero, so Paypal "lent" me the money and informed me I was to deposit some money to pay them back.  I put the money on my bank account, which shows that paypal withdrew it yesterday.
However, today somebody sent a 25 euro payment to my paypal account and... they kept that too, saying I still owe them 11 euros and that I will be reported to whatever, I don't remember.
Is that normal and I will find my 25 euros on my account as soon as they sort it out or should I do something about it?
Thank you in advance for any advice.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Mac_of_BIOnighT
Contributor
Contributor

It just got worse:  now the money I was sent today has disappeared from the transactions list...

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @Mac_of_BIOnighT,

Congratulations on your first post in our Community Help Forum!

I completely understand your concern about your disappeared fund in your transaction list. It usually takes 5-7 business days for the bank transfers to reach PayPal system. In between any incoming payments to your PayPal account will be automatically adjusted towards the balance due. No need to worry! I would recommend you to wait for few more days to see the updated balance from the bank transfer in your PayPal account.

Have a great day!

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Mac_of_BIOnighT
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you very much, it's not a lot of money (though it is to me...), but I wouldn't be happy to lose it.
I'll wait a few more days, then, thank you again  🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.