Paypal suddenly won't let me pay for things from my bank account

marcassin
Contributor
Contributor

All of a sudden Paypal won't let me use my bank account as a method of paying for eBay items. I have always been able to do this up to today (and have had a PayPal account for about 5 years). My bank account is correct, verified, confirmed, what more do they want? When I went to pay for somethign this evening the only payment methods I could opt for were e-cheque (NO THANKS) or credit / debit card whcih I did not want to use. Anyone have any ideas for me?

Login to Me Too
39 REPLIES 39

crescent
Contributor
Contributor

In response to Macissin, I too have been receiving these emails asking to verify. Pages to verify do not come up as suggested in email.  Have emailed PayPal, as a last resort going through resolution, and certainly did not receive a reply 24-72 hours.  Again the email asking me to do this, do that. Must be looking at someone else's screen!  Rang today and got Newcastle operative who was as much use as a martian and could not answer question so was asked to hold on approx., 10 mins, no offer to ring back.  OK so it is only 10p per minute but why should I contribute to someone's wages.  Anyone any suggestions to Macissin and my problem.  Oh yes my account shows 'verified' but 'red flash' advises me that I only have until 5/10/11 to 'update'.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi there guys,

Can I ask if the credit/debit card that you both have registered on your PayPal accounts is going to expire soon, this would prevent you both from being able to send an instant payment from your bank account. This is a common issue when customers cards are due to expire within a few weeks on their PayPal accounts.

My best advice for you both would be to try sending the payments from the debit card that is linked to your PayPal accounts if the card is already active on your PayPal account. By doing this, you would be able to send instant payments to your sellers and when you receive your new card, you can update this on your account and that will let you send payments from your bank account instantly again.

I hope this helps,

David.

Login to Me Too

kaliszek
Contributor
Contributor

I have a credit card linked to my account and I can use that, but the option to use my bank account is grayed out.  I have tried to contact them, but the email link never loads and I never get through using the phone,

Login to Me Too

Pyleofbuscus
Contributor
Contributor
So I don't have a debit card or a credit card but I was able to use my bank account for a purchase on ebay and another website and now it says I need to connect a debit or credit card. My brother doesn't have this problem and never has and he still was able to only use his bank account and not need a debit or credit card connected to his paypal account to pay. So how do I get it back to where I don't need a credit or debit card?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You need a card, things have changed.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

heehee123
New Community Member
this is crazy omg beef on paypal
Login to Me Too

nylady
Contributor
Contributor

I feel your pain. I just went through h&ll trying to fix an issue with one of my banks with Paypal. I finally get it confirmed again yesterday, I go to send my daughter a little cash and they want my personal bank log in info so a place called " Yodlee" can verify that I have the funds available and it says they will be checking it from time to time. My daughter needed cash so I did it but then changed my password on my bank. Why all of a sudden they want this kind of information like having access to my personal finances in this way.  Now my other bank which has been with them for about 14 years keeps getting declined.. I did have my Debit card connected too but if I use it to send cash, they charge a fee... I have no idea what's going on but I may have to just close my account . 

Login to Me Too

123Nhjmc123
Won’t. PayPal gives the run around saying “find another payment method”. It’s ridiculous. I’ve spent hundreds prob thousands by now paying their stupid load cash fees, transfer cash fees and I get crap customer service.
Login to Me Too

RPetty
Contributor
Contributor

It appears that top universities don't teach compassion, humility, and tolerance for other human beings who are not you.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.