Paypal's holds on verified funds is illegal. Join the class action law suit to make them stop!

Temp20220226P
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal's policies of with-holding verified funds has absolutely no statutory, logical, or ethical basis as grounds to hold and keep your money from you against your will and without your permission. In fact, so outrageous and corrupt is the practice of  these"forced interest free loans," the practice is literally against the law. Paypal must be forced to play by the rules, and obey the laws like every one else! Even if that means we as the customers it swindles on a regular basis must take matters into our own hands, and do so in the form of a class action lawsuit for all interest and damages Paypal has caused our lives and finances by it's unethical and illegal practice of with-holding access to our verified funds!

To that end, I am asking the community of those whom have suffered this intolerable acts of corporate greed by Paypal, and suffered Paypal unlawful with-holding of your verified funds for any period of time, and for whatever made-up excuse they gave you, to please contact me at about the possibilities of forming a class of victims willing to bring the class action law suit so clearly required to ensure Paypal plays by the rules like the rest of us do! 

If you don't believe their policy to be not only harmful to people who need and deserve the funds we earned without being forced to loan it interest free to a billion dollar company first, just ask yourself the following: What do you think would happen to you, if you took some ones money without their permission? You'd expect to go to jail, and face criminal charges for your illegal behavior, right? Well, Paypal, in all of it's corporate ego, has come to believe itself above the laws of this country. The proof of this, is the policy and practice of with-holding verified funds from it's customers, in violation of criminal statutes, banking laws, and all other laws Paypal wrongfully thinks do not apply to it (EVEN THOUGH IT IS A MONEY LENDER OFFERING CREDIT AND CREDIT CARDS, AND DEALS IN AND WITH DEPOSIT ACCOUNTS!)! We have rights as consumers under the banking laws, laws that govern financial companies, as well as the Fair Credit Reporting Act as Paypal never gives a legally recognized reason for wrongfully with-holding and converting for it's own uses your money via the with-holding policies! We do not need to stand for this! Join me in punishing Paypal by hurting it, the way it has hurt us... In the pocket book! Let's sue for our interest, and to get Paypal to stgop stealing our verified funds once and for all!

I look forward to hearing your stories about how you ewere harmed by Paypal unlawfully with-holding funds you earned and needed immediately,! We will show this greedy corporate egomaniac that even a billion dollar company must obey the laws of this country, and may not make gifts unto itself in the form of interest free forced loans from other peoples moneys, and that in this country justice is not determined by the size of your bank account but the merit of your actions and treatment of your fellow citizens!

Respectfully waiting to hear from all of you,

Joel <removed> Juris Doctorate

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
91 REPLIES 91

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Just putting this here for information reasons. Not trying to throw a monkey wrench on law suit idea.

When we signed up for a PayPal account we agree to the 21 day hold and rolling reserves and any other holds, as discussed in the user agreement. Every time they update the user agreement, everyone has to agree or close their account. Imho, I would either follow their policy or close my account. We don't have to use them. There are reasons why they put holds on and ways you can get your money sooner. I understand why PayPal put the holds on and I have seen a lot of wacked out things PayPal users do to each other on here and PayPal is left holding the bag so a some crabs spoil the whole barrel.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Brettclo
New Community Member
That's if you are selling goods so the money is there is customer disputes or wants refund. And in the last law suit they held money for 180 days to collect intrest(they settled) some accounts where just closed or permanently suspended and they kept the money. I'm personally going through this with them and they said they needed info and documentation from me and every time I send it they decide they need more info. They have settled class action for this **bleep** every year since 2015.
Login to Me Too

Thierry06
Contributor
Contributor
Send me all proper information to join this class action against PayPal
Login to Me Too

LLS723
I cant even get them t verify it is me andeach and everyway i try too get verrified they say im not me sothey keep my money..the best one is my phone number is not registered to me whichthats easy roof there scamming handicapped people cause everytime icallif i gett lucky enough for them to answer they willsay howmaywe help touand isay please help me verifyy i am me and my phone numbers me i am hansicaped and have M.S. and yall arescamming me andd stealing my money
Login to Me Too

ALTO25
Contributor
Contributor
banned paypal.worlwide
Login to Me Too

Ladyfarmer1956
Contributor
Contributor
Send me the information also.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ladyfarmer1956 

This thread has been ongoing since 2018, no one is doing anything because they know that they can't.

https://www.theverge.com/2012/10/17/3511792/paypal-class-action-suit-ban

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Jmaxxx26
Contributor
Contributor
I want information on how to join this law suit as well please. Today is the 180th day since my funds were frozen. Now they are telling me to call back tomorrow because it’s after 180 days. This is the most unethical thing I have encounter on my short life.
Login to Me Too

Brettclo
New Community Member
Also, they are not holding my funds, they already verified it and put it in my account but they placed restrictions on my account so I can't withdraw or use my money.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.