Paypal refunds a payment on my bank account, then take the funds back BUT deficit on the app

Shadoko
Contributor
Contributor

Good evening, 

Thank you for reading me.
I paid somebody 700 euros (134 from my paypal account + 566 from my bank account) with paypal.
First days, my paypal account notifies nothing wrong in the transaction, but 4 days to a week later, i've been refunded 566 on my bank account without any alert from paypal.
I asked my friend if he still had the 700e, he still does.

Then just the day after, my bank account notifies that the 566 have been taken back from paypal.
I thought "cool, everything in order", but now that I am connecting to paypal, I have a 566e deficit ...
Any idea of wth is happening  ?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Shadoko,

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear you're running into some issues with a recent transaction. Normally, funds take 3-5 business days to complete from your bank to PayPal. If the negative balance hasn't cleared by then, I'd recommend reaching out to our Customer Support teams to review the situation a bit further. They can be reached by clicking "Contact" at the bottom of any PayPal page. 

Best wishes!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.