Paypal refund process changing dates, why?

voyager2612
Contributor
Contributor

I have $209.23 pending refund paid on May 28, 2018.

On my paypal pending payments page it says "We're processing your refund and the funds will be available on May 30, 2018".

Checked the refund on May 30, 2018,  it says "We're processing your refund and the funds will be available on May 31, 2018".

Checked again the refund on May 31, 2018,  then it says "We're processing your refund and the funds will be available on June 13, 2018".

Why is Paypal refund processing dates keep changing without notifying the recipient? No reasons stated, Paypal just change dates and one will know that only when one checked if the refund had been cleared yet or not.

Changing dates of processing refunds, is that some kind of Paypal promissory note or promise made to be broken?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kororo
Contributor
Contributor

first its not paypal who is doing the refund it was your SELLER if he keeps on canceling the refund and doing it again of course the date wiill be changing

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@voyager2612

The seller has not cancelled the refund or it would say cancelled.

What has happened is that when Paypal went to the sellers bank account to get your refund for you there was not enough funds.

So they gave it a few days and tried again and that is why the date keeps changing.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

voyager2612
Contributor
Contributor

My question then is how many times Paypal will keep changing dates? On my case it changed 3 times already. Will Paypal just set dates automatically until funds on the seller's bank becomes available or sufficient to cover the refund? If I am the seller and would be smart, I will make sure my bank account do not exceed the refund amount until time lapse, knowing I have other bank accounts to continue my business with. If it is a matter of $10 or less, buyer may just ignore being just a waste of time to pursue, but if it is several tens or hundred dollars it's not the case. Until to-date 17th June 2018, 3-weeks after the refund was recorded to my account as payment received, the refund has not been cleared and still pending.

Login to Me Too

Rzlpzl
Contributor
Contributor
Not true as well. In my case the money is out of my girlfriends account and been confirmed by bank for several days now. PayPal is just holding onto the money because they can I guess
Login to Me Too

Rzlpzl
Contributor
Contributor
I realize this is a few years old but, that is not the case. My “seller” is my girlfriend and it was an accident, I tried to just send the funds back. I hit refund instead. The money has been out of her account for 5 days now and been processed for 4 according to her bank account. PayPal is just holding the money because they can. They have so far only changed my date once, but we will see on the 30th. It’s absolutely ridiculous.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Rzlpzl 

When you cancel a payment those funds can't do a u-turn > they have to process through to paypal who will as the transaction was cancelled return them to your funding source (if you paid from your bank account or with a card), or credit your paypal balance (if it was funded from that balance), but that takes a few days and sometimes up to a week.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.