Paypal purchase transaction didn't go do anything. Is PP broken?

mscir
Contributor
Contributor

I tried to buy some bike parts today, I elected to pay with Paypal, entered my paypal email address and password into the small dialog window that opened, sent myself the 2 factor auth code, got the code on my phone, entered it into the dialog, clicked the "Pay Now" button, nothing happened.
Q - is paypal broken? Did this payment simply fall through the cracks? Are other people having this problem?
Q - is this payment pending? I don't see it listed on my account under recent activity.
I'm hoping other people are seeing this and that PP is working to resolve it now.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

shan06
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @mscir

Thanks for contacting PayPal community!

I'm sorry to hear that you were facing trouble to make a payment, it could be possible due to technical issue and its best to clear the cache and cookies from your browser and use a new browser to see if it works or if its a app please uninstall and reinstall to try to make a payment.

However, if you are still facing issue you can contact the merchant to see if they are facing issue and if there is no issue on their end its best to contact us over the phone or chat and our team will look into this and assist you further- Shantha

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

shan06
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @mscir

Thanks for contacting PayPal community!

I'm sorry to hear that you were facing trouble to make a payment, it could be possible due to technical issue and its best to clear the cache and cookies from your browser and use a new browser to see if it works or if its a app please uninstall and reinstall to try to make a payment.

However, if you are still facing issue you can contact the merchant to see if they are facing issue and if there is no issue on their end its best to contact us over the phone or chat and our team will look into this and assist you further- Shantha

Login to Me Too

mscir
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks very much for your reply, it turns out I was using the purchase page wrong, I thought that clicking the "Pay Now" button would complete the purchase like on ebay, but on this page I had to click an additional button, clicking "Pay Now" only approved paypal for the purchase if the additional button was clicked, so I apologize for wasting your time.

Best Regards,

Mike

OT I'm so sick of pp captchas, I have 2 fact auth, that should be enough.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.