Paypal hasn't credited my money, yet I'm asked to pay a fine as the bank didn't accept the fund.

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
They didn't credit the money in my bank account and now when i checked, there's a negative balance of 3.77 USD.. I am from India, and received money from someone in the USA initially it was in my wallet and as per international transaction, they deducted the fee money when the exchange currency was in their favour. So from the 10 dollars they sent me i got only 9.17 dollars. As per Indian rules the money can't be kept in the wallet for more than 24hrs so i was asked to add my bank account, when i tried to add, they said it was already linked with multiple accounts so i can no longer add it, infact i deleted all those accounts so idk why the hell they keep saying i can't add it anymore.. So since I needed the money i added my aunt's account to receive the money, but in that account even after 6 days i didn't received the confirmation money, and the account was unconfirmed, still they said they will credit the money, but neither did they credit the 9.17usd i was supposed to get.. When i contacted the customer care they said it'll be credited/ should have been credited. Or if unable to do so by any chance they will revert the cash back to my paypal wallet and will deduct again around 4 dollars as a fee for that reversion, Now there's no reversion amount in wallet, only negative balance. It was their mistake they didn't send the confirmation money and also didn't credit the amount, yet, now they deducted 3.77 as a fine. i mean for what?.. Honestly What the heck. Initially from 10 dollars they deducted 1.83 dollars as a international fee, and again the amount wasn't credited and also And now when i check there's a negative balance of 3.77usd. So in short the truth is i haven't received the 10 dollars and now for using their service i have to pay 3.77 dollars as a negative balance.. honestly this sucks. I'm not rich enough to let the 10 dollars go. 10 dollars means a lot, and i earned it. And now i don't even have that money.. What can I do? I have opened 5 disputes regarding this same issue..
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Anonymous_User 

If you didn't remove the bank account before you deleted a paypal account that was linked to it then you would not be able to use it on your present account OR if you have added/removed it 3 times from any other paypal account then you would have run out of your bank account 'lives' as you can only add it x3 times to any paypal account.

Secondly you can't add someone else's bank account to your paypal account, the name on the bank account and the name on the paypal account has to exactly match to allow the auto-withdrawal of funds.

You can't confirm someone elses bank account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Anonymous_User 

If you didn't remove the bank account before you deleted a paypal account that was linked to it then you would not be able to use it on your present account OR if you have added/removed it 3 times from any other paypal account then you would have run out of your bank account 'lives' as you can only add it x3 times to any paypal account.

Secondly you can't add someone else's bank account to your paypal account, the name on the bank account and the name on the paypal account has to exactly match to allow the auto-withdrawal of funds.

You can't confirm someone elses bank account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.