Paypal denying FOLD CARD payments for credit card payments

Temp20230320g
Contributor
Contributor

FOLD is a prepaid debit card. I have been successful at specifically paying my Capital One Credit card with my Fold Card for several months and my first trouble incident was back on Dec 27 2022. I initiated a payment investigation with Capital Once Credit Card division on Jan 4th 2023 and suddenly on Jan 11th 2023 the payment posted to Capital One and Capital One closed their investigation without finding out anything useful as they just showed that the payment posted.

Now this March many others as well as myself are running into issues paying our credit card payments with our Fold card. Our Fold card is not showing to be the problem. Our biller (in my specific case being Capital One) isn't the problem. So it seems that Paypal is the problem. Chatting with paypal has also had them saying the Fold payment method has been blocked due to security reasons which makes no sense.

Also on top of all of that, in my specific situation as well as others, we have the bill we're trying to pay only wanting to be paid with the Fold card yet when trying to submit the payment paypal seems to go in and set the Fold card as the back up and uses other payments on file or the "paypal balance" as the main payment method even though that wasn't authorized. Shouldn't have to say that that is wrong on all parts.

Paypal needs to get this fixed or just come out and let us know our preferred way of paying is just not going to be allowed anymore and we can be done and I'll move and others will move their business elsewhere.

Login to Me Too
50 REPLIES 50

JT817
New Community Member
Same problem here. And getting mixed answers from PayPal CSRs. At first they said it was a security error on their end, then they said Fold was denying it. Please fix the problem.
Login to Me Too

Fold58
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue.  I have been locked out since early March and have been asked to wait 72 hours twice.  No sense using paypal or having direct deposit to FOLD if I cannot pay bills with this setup.  

Login to Me Too

Temp20230320g
Contributor
Contributor
Pay NOT A pay seems to be getting worse and worse. I have a solar panel bill I'm trying to pay and have before through Paypal bill pay. Trying to use my linked Capital One CC to make the payment and everytime I enter the bill amount then click next it takes me to the payment select screen where the capital one CC is not an option. It will let try to relink a linked card and will never go past that screen to process the payment. So for me Pay NOT A Pal seems to just not be a viable option at the moment for direct payments I want to initiate.
Login to Me Too

Bdaff
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same issuing when attempting to make payments via my Fold debit card.  Let me know if you receive any updates.

Login to Me Too

verity-j
Contributor
Contributor

Same! I can use another debit card to pay a bill through PayPal but not my Fold pre-paid debit card. Fold doesn't see any declined transactions on their end so the issue must be upstream with PayPal directly.

My post: https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Transactions/Bill-quot-payment-couldn-t-be-processed-quot/m-p/30...

Login to Me Too

Meredithjmcgrat
Contributor
Contributor
Same problem here. Infuriating. PayPal incompetent.
Login to Me Too

Fold58
Contributor
Contributor

Just got off the phone with Paypal (third time in march) and they insist it is a FOLD issue.  Paypal is not seeing any widespread issues and would not even bring up their own forum to see the problem.  

Login to Me Too

verity-j
Contributor
Contributor

I called PayPal CS and they claim there is nothing reported or known on their end. So I specifically asked the representative to report the issue and use my account's rejected transactions as example. I recommend we all call PayPal and insist on having this issue reported.

Login to Me Too

fold_user
Contributor
Contributor
At this point I'm giving up. I'll close my PayPal account today. It was a broken but helpful service while it lasted but PayPal Bill pay is dead at this point and it doesn't seem like PP cares.
Login to Me Too

Meredithjmcgrat
Contributor
Contributor
I called. No resolution
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.