Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal Prenote Transaction

Options
Go to solution
Z888
Contributor

I just closed my checking account because I received a notification of a pending Prenote deposit of $0 from PayPal.

When you Google this, most of what you find online is that a Prenote indicates your banking information has been compromised and someone is testing the waters to see if they can access your account.

If PayPal would require account verification it seems like this concern would be addressed. Is this something PayPal is considering?

Options
Go to solution
jdorrance
Contributor

I noticed it today on one of my accounts that I rarely use for PayPal transactions, so rare that I thought I deleted it years back, but didn't. I called my financial institution and they're putting a freeze on my account for 3-5 business days and giving me a new account number.

I would think that Paypal would at least let us know in advance that they do this on occasion. This bring uneeded stress!!!

Options
Go to solution
mpippi
New Community Member

did anyone else get a DEP Prenotification of $0.00 charge on their bank account today or recently? I'm not too worried since nothing was charged but I just want to know what this is. I haven't used my account in years. 

Options
Go to solution
Sgabald
New Community Member
I have this as well. I was worried my account could have been hacked but now I’m not sure if you have it too?

Options
Go to solution
Taba99
Contributor
I have one also

Options
Go to solution
neverendingluv
New Community Member

I have one as well on my bank account and haven't used my account in about a year.  Hoping my account was not hacked.

Options
Go to solution
sangstman
New Community Member

yes, i noticed a transaction labeled that on 4/26! would love an explanation if anyone figures it out

Options
Go to solution
Moondeath
New Community Member
Yes I received one as well. PayPal should explain

Options
Go to solution
lylejk
New Community Member

I did get one as well.  Perplexed to say the least.   Found this thread from a duckduckgo search.   Only other one I saw was on Reddit.   Hopefully, someone from PayPay will bud in an address this.  Don't think this a hack, but you never know nowadays.   In a way, I am just glad I'm not the only one.   🙂

Options
Go to solution
Snowman315
Contributor

I called paypal help line, spoke to a live person and explained what I (and all of you) are seeing.

she said there is no record of any transaction from paypal, not even a $0.00 transaction. no autobot or any other type of account verification transaction. bottom line, she said was not from paypal and that I should call my bank to get more info on the source of the transaction.

Last time i called my bank about an ACH transaction, they couldn't tell me anything about it.

anyway.... my bank is a credit union and their help like is closed until monday.

here's hoping it's not a hacker

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.