Paypal Funding & Paypal Payment

TheeDrewGamer
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there everyone, 

I really need some help with this as i'm at my wits end with it. 

Basically I had a payment going out at the start of last week, with it being January and a 5 week stint since my last pay check. I ran low, and couldn't cover it. So PayPal, took that out of my balance and put in the Minus. Which is still at -28.04. I set up a payment from my bank to go out once money came in today. My PayPal Balance shows -28.04 still, but in my actual Bank Account. I see two payments of 28.04. One for PayPal Funding and one for Paypal Payment. Both have come out of my account, but my balance is still in the minus. 

Is it because PayPal automatically charged my account and that I also added Money for the same amount? Sorry if this has been asked so many times before, I'm just nervous that a lot of money has just come out of my account when it should have only been one payment. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TheeDrewGamer 

If you have failed bank transfer then Paypal automatically keep trying to access those funds to clear your negative balance.
They have already fronted the payment to the seller on your behalf and so want the money owed.

If you sent a bank transfer to your Paypal account and Paypal also automatically applied for the funds as well then you would have 2 payments processing to your paypal balance.
The first one to arrive will clear the negative balance and the second one will be credited as a + to your balance and you can withdraw it back to your balance once cleared. Echeques take about 5 days to clear.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TheeDrewGamer 

If you have failed bank transfer then Paypal automatically keep trying to access those funds to clear your negative balance.
They have already fronted the payment to the seller on your behalf and so want the money owed.

If you sent a bank transfer to your Paypal account and Paypal also automatically applied for the funds as well then you would have 2 payments processing to your paypal balance.
The first one to arrive will clear the negative balance and the second one will be credited as a + to your balance and you can withdraw it back to your balance once cleared. Echeques take about 5 days to clear.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

TheeDrewGamer
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much for this, this is what I thought was happening but whenever I looked it up I was getting numerous different answers. Eventually an Agent got back to me and said the same thing, I was just worried I was getting charged for something else on top of the minus balance charge. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.