Paypal Donation button doesn't work

MahdiOfficial
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All I added a Paypal donate button to my site and no matter what we try, we get a message saying "Something went wrong We couldn't process this donation. Please try again later, this could just be a temporary glitch."  as soon as the donor enters their debit card information and clicks donate.

I tried support and they did not provide any suggestions that worked.  A bank account is linked to the Paypal account and has been for years. Does anyone know if this is fixable or are Paypal Donations permanently broken?

Donation problem.png

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MahdiOfficial 

As you haven't added your country to your profile (so we can see when we hover over your username) or said in your post which country you are in so unfortunately we can't advise.
Paypal varies a great deal country to country so you need to tell us where you are on this worldwide community forum.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

MahdiOfficial
Contributor
Contributor

I'm in Israel
I have been using the donate button for two years on my site and it has been working all this time until now, this problem in the picture began to appear.

My friend uses the same thing. I asked him if he was facing the same problem with his donors and he said yes. Could the problem be general from PayPal and not from the account?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MahdiOfficial 

Could well be a techie glitch, try checking with customer services?

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.