Paypal Cash Plus paid for a transaction that my bank declined? Please help me!

Falcorianfox
New Community Member

Hello all, I hope that you are all doing well! I however am not doing so well...

About a week ago, I made a purchase from a website, let's call it blank.com, using PayPal but going through my bank. Long story short, I had to contact them the next day through email to ask them to cancel my order, they did not respond. Three days later I contacted them again in the same manner and asked them to please cancel my order. They got back to me the same day and told me that "once an order has been submitted and has started processing, it cannot be cancelled or modified," after that I contacted my bank. I told my bank about trying to cancel my order and them telling me no and asked them to please decline the charges, they said that they would and they (actually) did.

The same day that I got my funds, Paypal sent me an email stating "We were not able to charge the credit card or bank account listed as your backup funding source, but we were able to complete your payment to blank.com by using funds from your PayPal Cash Plus balance." What does this even mean? What is a PayPal Cash Plus account? If it is talking about my regular account, which had less than a dollar in it at the time, then there is no way that there was enough to cover the purchase that I made. If it is not talking about my regular account, then what else could it be? I have not signed up for anything extra with PayPal and how could they pay for something with funds that I do not even have? Do I now owe PayPal money? I am so confused and worried about this but just to make matters more inconvenient, blank.com has now (as of yesterday) shipped the item! If someone, anyone can please help me it would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Fal

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.