Paypal Balance Glitch & transfer failed

Tevin01
Contributor
Contributor

I created a new PayPal account on the 17th of January 2023 and linked the card with my account using the code. I then transferred some funds using another PayPal account to my new account and did some online transactions, but I noticed that the PayPal balance was not reflecting that and figured that it was because the account was new and the new balance didn't update yet. However, now that I've added more money and successfully transferred it (even though PayPal says the transfer failed) from PayPal to my card, my PayPal balance only shows the total amount I've ever put on the account and not the balance after various transfers/transactions. Now the auto end of month withdrawal to the card happened, and PayPal sent me a message saying that the transaction failed but I see that it was successful as the money reached on my card. My PayPal still shows the balance (total amount I've ever put on the account) and I'm really confused so if anyone can assist me that would be appreciated.

summary : PayPal Balance end of the month auto transfer failed, but I am seeing the money still show up on my card with no change to my PayPal balance.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @Tevin01,

Welcome to PayPal Community Forum and thank you for posting!

I'm sorry to hear that you have experienced trouble with your PayPal account and I understand that the balance on the PayPal account is not reflecting correctly and about failed withdrawal. Please note that it is possible that this might be due to some technical glitch that might the reason why the balance shown is incorrect. If you are attempting to view the balance through the PayPal mobile app and are experiencing difficulty, please try uninstalling and reinstalling the app to see if this helps to resolve this issue. If you're trying via browser try some troubleshooting steps such as clearing cache and cookies or trying using a different browser.

Regarding failed transfer: Kindly be informed that if your withdrawal failed, it's most likely because the card account details registered with your PayPal account do not match what your card has on file. We recommend removing and re-adding your card details to make sure they match those on a recent card statement. You will then be able to request a new transfer to your card. When re-adding a card, it’s important to enter your name exactly as it appears on your card statement. For example, if your card/bank account is in the name of “J P Smith”, you would need to enter “J P” as your first name. If the money shows up on the card but the transaction shows on your PayPal account, please reach out to our customer support team through the available contact option on our website so that our advisors can investigate, clarify and help you sort this issue. 

I hope this information helps,
Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.