Payment went through with error at checkout and didnt receive my item.

Temp20220623L
New Community Member

I tried to make a purchase on an online book for my classes and it gave me the option to pay in 4. When I went through the whole checkout process, a problem occurred at the very end where it said, "We're sorry, something went wrong. Please choose another way to pay." It wouldn't let me continue, so i refreshed the page to see if it was just the browser being weird, but it happened again. I got a notification from my bank account saying that my money was taken out by PayPal but I never received an email confirmation from PayPal, the receipt, or the item I was trying to purchase. My account has 3 separate transations saying that its pending. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20220623L 

When you pay a company then it is often pending or awaiting authorisation until that company processes your order and captures the pending payment.

If they don't process the order and capture that payment then the pending status times out at 30 days post-payment and returns back to your funding source.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.