Payment was meant to be friends and family but was set to purchasing a product, how do I fix it?

Helzspring
Contributor
Contributor

I sent some money to my friend who was having some problems as a friends and family:

however, the payment went to them as a "product purchase" and paypal is asking them for proof of the item, how do I fix / adjust it so they're able to get the money as it's withheld at the moment.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Helzspring 

Tell them to try marking the transaction as processed then the sender may have the option on their account to mark the transaction as delivery/satisfied. If the sender ie you confirms this by clicking on the "Confirm Receipt" button, funds may be released sooner ie 7 days after you verify receipt. This is not always available or guaranteed. 
If not then sadly its 21 days.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Helzspring 

Tell them to try marking the transaction as processed then the sender may have the option on their account to mark the transaction as delivery/satisfied. If the sender ie you confirms this by clicking on the "Confirm Receipt" button, funds may be released sooner ie 7 days after you verify receipt. This is not always available or guaranteed. 
If not then sadly its 21 days.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Helzspring
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, after I pressed "confirmed" they received the money right away, thank you!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.