Payment sent 2 "OLD ACCOUNT" Help Recover My $$$

nellrembert
Contributor
Contributor

My BF sent $$$ to my "OLD PAYPAL ACCOUNT", that I no longer have access to.  Yhis is due to 2 Factor Authentication (my ph# has since changed).  I have a new PayPal Account with a different Ph# and email.  So how can I recover that $$$.  Is there a way to merge my old account with my new account?  Or a way to close an old account and cashout that $$$...

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nellrembert 

Did he send it using goods/services or friends/family? 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @nellrembert,

Welcome to our community and thank you for your post!

I completely understand your concern about your funds. I am afraid that you cannot merge two PayPal accounts. You have to login your old PayPal account to access the payment sent. For help with accessing your PayPal account, your best option would be to reach out to us over the phone. I recommend you to click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page. From here, if you click the 'Password and Account Access' option, then 'Login Problems'. you will see "Call Us" option at the bottom of the page during working hours. Please give us a call so that our team will help you to access your account.

Once you get access to your old account, you can close the account after transferring the funds to your new account. 

I hope this information helps, have a great day!

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.