Payment received -pending

Bakelife
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, can you please help me figure out the exact reason as to why I haven't received the money which shows pending ,as it's been a week . Im not sure whether the sender made a genuine transaction and I would like to report.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Swam
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @nina0115 ,
Hi @Bakelife 
Welcome to PayPal community and thank you for your post.

Hi @nina0115 ,
Hi @blakenmild 
Welcome to PayPal community and thank you for your post.
I understand that your query is regarding a payment which shows as "pending" in your PayPal account. 

It is possible that the payment received is a goods and service payment which is done on purchasing goods and services. If such is the payment received, I would like to inform that delaying funds availability is a common industry practice we implement to help ensure the secure use of PayPal by both buyers and sellers. Please do not worry, payment will be safe with us and you get access to it once the buyer receives the service from you. You can get the hold on your payment released in 3 possible ways. 1. You can update the tracking details of the goods that you are selling, once they are delivered, payment will be released after 25 hours of delivery, In case, if you are servicing the buyer (no goods sold), please update the shipping status on the order as " Order Processed", hold will be released after 7 days of updating the status. Here’s how to add your tracking information or change the order status: -Click Activity at the top of the page. -Find the transaction you would like to update, then click on the dropdown list in the 'Actions' column next to it. -Click Add tracking in the dropdown list. -If you sold a product, select Shipped in the order status dropdown. Type in the tracking information and select the shipping carrier. -If you sold an intangible item or service, select Order Processed ('Tracking information not required' will be checked). -Click Submit. 2. Buyer confirming the receipt, please ask the buyer to confirm the receipt, they can only get the option of confirming the receipt after the shipping status updated by you on the order. 3. Irrespective of performing above two actions, hold will be released after 21 days of the order placed unless if the buyer has any concerns on the order

I hope this helps!
Thanks and regards,
Swam.

I hope this helps!
Thanks and regards,
Swam.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Swam 

Pending as in an echeque with a clearance date?

Or pending as a new seller hold as per link?

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/my-payment-is-on-hold.-why-is-this-happening-faq3297

OR are the funds NOT showing in your paypal balance at all? In which case if its an email saying you have pending funds then it may well be a scam.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.