Payment on hold

WaqasHanif12
Contributor
Contributor

I've tried to pay for a training. In my payment memo, I've mentioned the name of my trainer, but the PayPal account to which I've sent the payment belongs to the owner of the training center. Now PayPal is asking the date of birth of the trainer (not the owner of the PayPal account). The training institute is not willing to disclose any of the date of birth due to privacy issues. I've contacted PayPal via call, they are not willing to disclose any information about that transaction ($1600). I don't know what to do, I feel like I am hanging in the air. Please help me. Thank you in advance.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@WaqasHanif12 

What does it say next to the transaction in your Paypal account?

1. Pending (with a clearance date on both Paypal accounts
= Echeque and will clear on approx that date.

2. Pending/Unclaimed with a cancel option
= email address spelling error, as that email address is invalid it can't be linked to a Paypal account, so cancel it.

3. Pending/Unclaimed without a cancel option
= email address is valid but not yet linked to a Paypal account. Will time out 30 days post payment if not claimed by someone opening a Paypal account when it may COMPLETE.

4. Payment/Completed or Sent
= you may have to raise a dispute for non receipt if that person won't refund the funds. However if its a family/friends payment then you won't have that option and may have to contact your card issuer if you funded your Paypal payment that way.

5. Pending awaiting authorisation
= normally to a company and will complete when they capture the payment and process your order. If they don't it should time out 30 days post payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

TonyTam
Contributor
Contributor

Try to discuss with trainer directly, if possible.

Or ask about right payment address to send funds.

Anyway holded paymets gets back to you after some weeks (about 1 month).

If it pays you can open a dispute to force make a refund.

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@WaqasHanif12 

What does it say next to the transaction in your Paypal account?

1. Pending (with a clearance date on both Paypal accounts
= Echeque and will clear on approx that date.

2. Pending/Unclaimed with a cancel option
= email address spelling error, as that email address is invalid it can't be linked to a Paypal account, so cancel it.

3. Pending/Unclaimed without a cancel option
= email address is valid but not yet linked to a Paypal account. Will time out 30 days post payment if not claimed by someone opening a Paypal account when it may COMPLETE.

4. Payment/Completed or Sent
= you may have to raise a dispute for non receipt if that person won't refund the funds. However if its a family/friends payment then you won't have that option and may have to contact your card issuer if you funded your Paypal payment that way.

5. Pending awaiting authorisation
= normally to a company and will complete when they capture the payment and process your order. If they don't it should time out 30 days post payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.