Payment on hold, though the customer confirmed delivery

ChrisFiveOh
Contributor
Contributor

A customer bought an item from myself and the money was placed on hold while saying "You have successfully updated the shipping information. You'll get your money within 1 day of delivery." which is fair enough.

Delivery was confirmed by the tracked delivery service, yet when I spoke to customer support through chat, they said that because the customer did not put their address in the transaction, I will have to wait 21 days till the money is released. Not cool.

Customer service also said that if the my buyer confirmed delivery, the money would be released "instantly".

After finally getting through to my customer, they confirmed they had "Confirmed Delivery" through PayPal.

Still on hold.

What's going on and why is my money still on hold though they said it would be instant once my customer confirmed delivery??

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Tricia

Hi @ChrisFiveOh

Sorry for any frustration the payment hold caused. 

Payment holds are an industry standard practice used to help prevent financial loss for buyers and ourselves. In order to qualify for Seller Protection, the item has to be shipped and delivered to the shipping address requested for the specific transaction. If a shipping address was not selected, the transaction would not be covered by Seller Protection. To help prevent financial risk, the payment usually cannot be released sooner than the 21 days in a situation like this. 

I hope this information helps!

Thanks, 
PayPal_Tricia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.