Payment on hold but it never processed on retailer's online shop.

Leann1990
Contributor
Contributor
I made a purchase online but the order was not successful and therefor no order confirmation received. I contacted the company and they said it takes 10 days to disappear as it's not confirmed. It's been 20 days now and the transaction still shows as "pending" with the funds deducted off my account. How do I get the transaction reversed so that my account is showing the correct balance again? I already approached the retailer and they advised i must contact PayPal.
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

timboslice2
Contributor
Contributor

Should be seller responsibility.  Sounds almost like a scam.  Where did you make this purchase?

Surprised you haven't contacted Paypal customer service yet.

Login to Me Too

Leann1990
Contributor
Contributor
I have contacted PayPal but no response yet. No, it's not a scam, it's Yankee Candle. I've made numerous past purchases with them online using the exact same payment method, address and everything.
Login to Me Too

timboslice2
Contributor
Contributor

I would contact Paypal customer service by phone.  Should take about 30 minutes, but it is a weekend so not sure.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Leann1990 

@timboslice2 

When you pay a company (rather than an ebay seller or individual), then it is often pending until that company processes your order and captures the pending payment.

If they don't process that order and capture the pending payment then the pending status times out at 30 days post-payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.