Payment on Hold for 21 days now!

njulio15
Contributor
Contributor
Hello! I have a new PayPal account (personal), created on September 8th 2021, got my first payment on it on September 13th 2021, the payment was on hold for 11 days and only released on September 24th. I then got another payment on September 28th 2021, it has been on hold from that time until today (21 days already). How long will my payments be on hold like this, and why is this second payment taking so long to be made available for me? I have friends who receive payments and it's available instantaneously. Could someone please give me answers? I'm a freelancer and clients pay me via PayPal but with this kind of delays it's not an easy situation for me. I even feel reluctant asking for further payments to be made to my PayPal account.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@njulio15 

Why is my payment on hold or unavailable?

How can I release my payment(s) on hold?

You may ask buyer to confirm receipt to release after 48 hrs of doing the tasks in the second link, where applicable.

Ultimately, you have a new account and have not built up a good history with PayPal yet. Your friends may have established accounts so the funds are instant for them. Roll with the punches, do the tasks to release funds sooner. Eventually, PayPal will stop holding every payment.

More info:

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/security/accessing-funds-problem

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@njulio15 

Why is my payment on hold or unavailable?

How can I release my payment(s) on hold?

You may ask buyer to confirm receipt to release after 48 hrs of doing the tasks in the second link, where applicable.

Ultimately, you have a new account and have not built up a good history with PayPal yet. Your friends may have established accounts so the funds are instant for them. Roll with the punches, do the tasks to release funds sooner. Eventually, PayPal will stop holding every payment.

More info:

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/security/accessing-funds-problem

Login to Me Too

njulio15
Contributor
Contributor
@sharpiemarker: Thank you very much for your prompt response. I guess I'll be asking my clients to confirm receipt like you said, but what second link are you talking about? Also, what should be the frequency of my transactions/how long should I receive payments in order to establish this good history with PayPal?
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@njulio15 

The “How can I release my Payments” link in my first post. Just do the applicable tasks.

Can’t say. It varies. For some, can take a few months or it can take more than a year if your transactions are of high risk nature.

Login to Me Too

njulio15
Contributor
Contributor
I see, I had actually already done those tasks. The only thing I haven't done is ask the buyer to confirm receipt like you made mention of. Today being the 21st day, I hope to get the payment today and will ask the client to confirm receipt next time. I hope it'll work. Thank you!
Login to Me Too

Gailord123
Contributor
Contributor

I wire money to my PayPal account on 21st still no money on account, I sent message to PayPal they are not replying to me . We are talking about 3000 euros. This never happens before wired ???Normally money is on the account after 2 days max

This is crazy I need to deal payement .

Paypal dont get on messages sent to them ???

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.