Payment not accepted yet by recipient

scottmk1
Contributor
Contributor

I have sent a payment to friend in Germany and on my activity page the payment shows as being sent. Just below that, it shows that the recipient has not accepted yet. I have never seen that before, and my friend doesn't know how to accept? This transaction was done by sending money to friends and family, although I have never sent this person money before, I have not encountered this issue when sending money to other friends or family members.

Any help appreciated.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@scottmk1

What currency did you send and can his Paypal account accept that currency?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

scottmk1
Contributor
Contributor

I sent euro's and he is based in germGer where they have euros so can't see that being the problem.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@scottmk1

No you are correct but I had to rules it out.

ok second question is have you double checked the email address you sent the funds to and made sure that it was your friends email address without any typos?

Also if he is new has he verified his email address?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

scottmk1
Contributor
Contributor

The email address I used is correct, I have checked numerous times to make sure I had it correct. It could be that his account is not verified, I will ask him about it. 

I have cancelled the payment now and sent it by bank transfer, but thanks for your assistance on this problem.

Login to Me Too

Andrew1504
New Community Member

Paypal won't let me cancel the payment, it's sitting in Paypal limbo and the money has been taken out of my account. What to do?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.