Payment made on 7th of August on hold for too long

Tomski1973
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with one of my payments. What supposed to be rather easy become something strange to understand.

I have send the payment to the Norwegian seller as I bought an item on Finn.no. We agreed that PayPal would be the most convenient way of payment here. I normally do payments through bank transfers but it was different this time. Just by my mistake I pressed the "For Goods" button.

Payment went through but from 7th of August is kept on hold. It is also not what I was initially sending - the seller has not received the full amount.

At the moment  myself and the seller don't know why the payment is still on hold and why there is not a single word of information when the payment will be released. We exchanged the messages to find out what is going on,  we both tried to call the customer services in our countries and we are not so happy with the experience. The seller also tried to return the payment but was unable to do so.

I personally find it difficult to understand and accept the way it is going so far.

I also tried to call PayPal Norway but the number is hard to find - at least for myself.

During one of the phone calls I have been advised to open the case against the seller - I don't find it right as it was myself making the wrong choice initially.

Please advise - we are both tired with the situation.

Kind regards,

Tom

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tomski1973 

If its marked as completed in your Paypal account then you have paid. The fact its pending on the sellers account is between them and Paypal.
Funds for new sellers are held for 21 days but released more quickly if they provide a tracking number (delivery + 1 day).

As for the amount sent, a seller is the one that always pays a fee to receive paypal payments.

Lastly you correctly used the goods/services option, its against paypal rules to use the friends/family option if you are purchasing something.

If they refuse to send item/service then you could file a dispute for non receipt.
That may impact their paypal account in some way if they continue doing so.

Send them this link.
https://www.paypal.com/us/brc/article/funds-availability

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Tomski1973
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I have contacted the seller and he says that funds are not released yet.

I have no means of checking it so what should I do?

What would be the next step - can you check it yourself as I am running out of options?

At the end of the day PayPal as a provider should make that transaction as smooth as possible.

It looks other way around in this case. One thing I find the most difficult to understand that he or myself we were never warned that the funds would be on hold for such a long time. I did tried to find the phone number of PayPal Norway but it is not something you can easily find with my IP address I believe.

I really don't see much of the support from the PayPal here - only very basic information which is hard to verify for myself.

Regards, Tom 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tomski1973 

Did you actually read to the end of my post?

I told you exactly what your option was to do !!!

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.