Payment failed but PayPal authorised.

ThirdFate

Hello!

I tried to place a fairly expensive (and very urgent) order for some camera equipment earlier today with a large, reputable UK store using PayPal and, while everything went through fine on PayPal's end, the seller's website said there was a problem and to try again or use another payment method. I was about to do so when I received an email notification from PayPal confirming the payment had been authorised, however, the seller has neither confirmed the order via email nor added it to my account's order history, and it's still sat in the basket waiting to be checked out as if nothing had happened. I've previously bought similar priced items from the same seller via PayPal with no issues.

PayPal themselves explained that there was nothing they could do on their end and, as the store won't be open until tomorrow (and I've since seen countless reviews saying they ignore emails and their live chat is unhelpful anyway), I'm really anxious as this was quite a huge chunk of money that'll I'll need to back in order to purchase these items from somewhere.

Has anyone experienced something similar before or can shed light on what my options are? This was a big purchase for me that I didn't take lightly, and a big part of my decision to finally buy the gear was that it's a massive help for a uni assignment I have that's due next week, so I really can't afford to lose all this money or wait until 30 days have expired!

Any suggestions, reassurances, advice or just similar experiences that anyone has would be really appreciated.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.