Payment canceled but its still in pending

Prxed
Contributor
Contributor

So i bought a game giftcard online it put an endless loading circle so then i checked on paypal and it said -50$ Pending i message their support and they say they cant do anything about it i want to cancel it how do i do it ? theres no cancel button or anything and when i try to make a disupute it just says that paypal cant make a dispute for that 

Prxed_0-1634523755474.png

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @Prxed,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum!

I understand your concern regarding the payment. It seems like payment is processed as authorization. Authorization is an agreement between you and a merchant to purchase an item for a specific amount of money. A merchant can capture your payment at a later date if your item needs to be assembled or isn’t available. Some merchants will accept partial payments until you’ve paid the full amount. If the merchant you sent money to, doesn't claim the money within 30 days, the full amount will be returned to the original payment method. You’ll need to contact the merchant to cancel an authorization. If you have been charged, then you can wait till the payment gets completed and then we encourage you to report it to our Resolution Center as soon as possible.

I hope this helps,
Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Prxed
Contributor
Contributor
when i tried to make a dispute it says an error tho
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Prxed 

Did you bother to actually read the above advice?

You can't open any disputes until the payment has COMPLETED.

If it doesn't complete it will time out 30 days post adding it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Prxed
Contributor
Contributor
so ill need to wait an entire month to get my money back dang
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.