Payment Pending

dbesthaas
New Community Member

Good morning,

So I used paypal goods and services for the first time. I was able to send the money to the other individual, however, it says it is still pending. I've looked on multiple different help forums and nothing really seems to help the issue. I don't know if it is on my part or the other person's part. It has been about a week and I would've thought the transaction would have gone through. It initially said that the recipient should have the money by Feb 4th, however, that date was pushed back to the 7th and still no transaction. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. I apologize if the answer is already out there I've just had no luck so far. Thank you!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @dbesthaas,

Welcome to the community and thank you for your post! Does the status say pending on your side or on the recipient's side? If it's on the recipient's side, the funds are held 21 days or until the item purchased is delivered to you. Delivery is intended to happen before the funds clear to the recipient. However, if the payment shows pending on your side, then it may be unclaimed because the recipient is not set up to receive payments. Did you double-check the email address with the recipient? If it's correct, did they already have a working account prior to your payment, or is this the first payment they've ever received?

The answers to these questions will help the community guide you further.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.