Payment Denied: Egypt

engineermahmoud
New Community Member
Hello,

I have an issue with one my WITHDRAWL transactions getting declined to my debit card. So here is the story short: I live in Egypt and I have withdrawn to my personal debit card 10000s of times so I know it works, I also setup subscription based payments in paypal and they work like charm. However, now I am trying to withdraw 150 USD to my visa debit card and it tells me payment Denied. I tried to go through your help articles and nothing works, my card is updated and everything is fine. Please advise

NB: MY subscription went through paypal 3 days ago from my debit card so I know that my card is fine. Also, I can't reach Paypal support, I don't know why a big company like Paypal have one of the hardest to reach support agents ever?

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@engineermahmoud 

Reach out to PayPal at Facebook or Twitter:      

PayPal on Facebook

PayPal on Twitter

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

ninada
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I have exactly the same issue, also living in Egypt and did transfer hundreds of times but this month I can't for some reason.

Did you manage to solve it or contact anyone from PayPal?

What happened to their Support, I was able to contact them before but now no way!

I would appreciate your answer.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @ninada

Thank you for visiting the PayPal Community Help Forum!

Sorry to hear that you're not able to initiate the transfers in your PayPal account. Every time you initiate a transaction, it goes through a series of filter to find the possible risk posed. If the system deems risk, it may temporarily block the payment, In such situations, you can try to complete the transfer at a later date try clearing cache/cookies from your browser or try using a different browser/device. For any additional assistance, feel free to reach PayPal Support team.

Best wishes,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Natashiah
Contributor
Contributor
Hi I have exactly the same issue. I've been using my account for years without any issues when transferring funds to my bank account, but suddenly the transfer didn't go through today. I have an Egyptian Paypal linked to my debit card. I have read all the topics and help links you've posted but none of it answers my question. I also sent an email to help but haven't received a reply at all.
Login to Me Too

Omnia89
hello there, I'm new to PayPal and I want to know if the Usd money you receive enters your account in USD or not? and Second I've been trying to add some debit cards and they don't work.. what banks in Egypt deal with PayPal? Thanks alot for your help
Login to Me Too

Natashiah
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Omnia Yalla Visa from the post office is the easiest to get and it works with Paypal. Most major Egyptian banks have blocked working with Paypal. When the funds is transferred from Paypal to your account it automatically exchanges to LE at Paypal exchange rate. However you can contact Paypal to transfer your currency as is to your bank and your bank will exchange it to LE according to the banks exchange rate.
Login to Me Too

Natashiah
Contributor
Contributor
Hi I have the exact same problem at the moment, my transfers are denied. Have you had any success with fixing your issue with the transfer?
Login to Me Too

ninada
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @Natashiah, until now the problem still persists. They called me from their support and confirmed it's a problem coming from Egyptian banks, some of them suddenly stopped dealing with PayPal - hopefully only temporary. They told me to use the card from Egyptian Post Office or National Bank. So far, I haven't tried that. Here nobody will reply to you, go to Facebook and ask on the PayPal Egypt group. 

Hope that helps. Cheers.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ninada 

@engineermahmoud 

@Natashiah 

Normally it needs to be a credit visa in your country as per link.

Read this link as you are in one of the affected countries.
https://www.paypal.com/al/webapps/mpp/ua/recpymt-full?locale.x=en_AL

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.