PayPal refund to Metapay never gets to sender

Hugosozzey
Contributor
Contributor
I refunded $500 from PayPal to a sender on Facebook and poof! Sender doesn't get it, Facebook has no record of refund, mem metapay does, but they don't tell you their automated refund system cant refund to specific senders on facebook. That seems insane! now I have to go to small claims court, so frustrating
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hugosozzey 

If they funded the original Paypal payment to you from a bank account or a card then once marked refunded/completed it will automatically go back to that bank account or card.
Normally it can take a few days up to a week to go back to a bank account. Paypal say allow 30 days for a card (1 billing cycle) but its rarely that long.
(Can vary according to country though).

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ1212

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Hugosozzey
Contributor
Contributor

That's if the transaction happened on Facebook or PayPal alone. But the initial payment happened in Facebook messenger, then the return was done on PayPal. That return has a transaction ID on PayPal but it doesn't exist in Metapay

Login to Me Too

notcool464

Bro same thing happened to me. It never came!! and clearly i see that this is a problem with you guys! All you did was deny accountability but i see now that this is a thing with you guys. Where did everyones money go? In your pockets im sure it doesnt just disappear into thin air!!

Noticeably all for large amounts of money too!! im disgusted with the customer service and this company!!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @Hugosozzey  and @notcool464 

Thank you for posting in the PayPal Help Community!

I completely understand your concern about your refund not reflecting in your Metapay. As @kernowlass mentioned, when a payment is refunded through PayPal, the money will be credited to the original payment method and the status will reflect as refunded in your PayPal account. If you see the payment as refunded in your PayPal account, the money would have been processed to the original funding source of the sender. You can see the time frames of the refunds here

@notcool464 when a refund is processed to your account, you will always notified the details of the refund via email from PayPal. Have you received any email from PayPal about the refund? If not, please check with the sender for more details on the issued refund. If you've sent the payment as goods & services payment, you can also report the transaction for not getting the refund. You can find the steps to open the dispute here. You can also check with the PayPal Support team for more information on the refund. 

Thanks for the help here @kernowlass!

Hope this information helps,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

notcool464

Same thing happened to me!!! Sent my roommate $530 dollars and her CLOSED mind you account immediately accepted the money. When we requested the refund and they confirmed that they sent it with a transaction id number and everything on their end so its not their problem and will do nothing yet meta pay nor my account shows it nor received it. Tried to dispute it but was denied. This is straight up absurd!! Any one who may have some insight PLEASE LET ME KNOW. i DONT even use pay pal and for sure for sure will never use it or recommend it. Money doesnt just vanish.. 

Y

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.