PayPal payment pop-up window closes

akakan
New Community Member

Hi there,

Wondering if anyone has experienced and been able to fix the following issue?

I'm trying to make a payment to finish up my online shopping. I click on the pay by Paypal option, and a pop-up for PayPal opens so I enter my email and password, select the method I want to use, and click pay. The wheel showing that it's processing is spinning, then closes without any notice. My payment has not gone through, and I have to re-load the page again to see the PayPal payment option. I've tried this on Chrome, Firefox, and Safari, on my laptop and phone and each time it does the same thing. Help please!

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

KJChippen
Contributor
Contributor

So has anyone been able to fix this problem.   I am also having it, and when I try to search for solutions they are

all for developers rather than users.   I have tried clearing cookies, allowing third party cookies, going into

incognito/private browsers, on Chrome, Edge, Firefox, on my computer and on my phone.   And still am unable to

use it.   

Login to Me Too

KJChippen
Contributor
Contributor

Hmmm.   I have been trying to use paypal to

pay estimated taxes on PayUSATax.com.    But the paypal window pops up blank and then disappears.   So I went

to walmart.com and created a bogus order and then selected paypal at checkout, and the login window came up

successfully there.   Maybe a problem with the PayUSATax website and not paypal?

Login to Me Too

scottmcclue
New Community Member

I am having this same exact problem trying to use Paypal on payusatax.com.  A popup window appears when I click on the paypal button, then immediately closes.  I never make it the paypal transaction screen. I sent an e-mail to payusatax.com IT support yesterday about the problem (at the advice of their customer service dept) but no reply as yet.

Login to Me Too

KJChippen
Contributor
Contributor

Well good luck getting a response.   I have been emailing them several times a week and no one ever responds.

Another side effect of this is that the first time I had this problem, I pressed the continue button because I

wasn't sure what was supposed to happen.   Then I got a popup which said a payment has already been received for this

ssn.    But it asked me if I wanted to continue, so I selected that button.

Then I got a screen which was blank except for the banner at the top which says

"The specified URL cannot be found."

This happened on all three browsers.  Now whenever I go to PayUSATax I get that same window.

However if I am incognito or private mode I don't get that error, but the popup window still behaves as

before.   And if I repeat the same process of "continue" then I again get the URL cannot be found error.

Also I disabled extensions and can get to the PayUSATax site without the URL error, but still no

paypal popup.

If you are lucky enough to get a response please post it here. 

Login to Me Too

QueueUnderflow
Contributor
Contributor

I am getting this currently. I think it may be caused by trying to make more than the allowed number of payments per period (2 per year for tax owed, 2 per quarter for estimated tax payments, etc.).

Login to Me Too

KJChippen
Contributor
Contributor

I was getting it after only one payment.   And there seems to be no logic as to when it resets.   I was still getting it this error after

April 15, but I think it finally worked on May 6.    But then no more through the end of June.   After that, my CC no longer gave a

paypal credit to cover the cost of the fees so I just reverted to web pay.

But regardless, the error message should be informative.   And I have emailed PayUSATax numerous times about this asking why

it happens, and they never responded.

Login to Me Too

QueueUnderflow
Contributor
Contributor

I figured payUSAtax used the same schedule as Pay1040 given here:

Form 1040ES Estimated Tax - Tax Year 2021: 1st Quarter 03/01/21 - 05/15/21, 2nd Quarter 05/15/21 - 07/15/21, 3rd Quarter 07/15/21 - 10/15/21, 4th Quarter 10/15/21 - 01/01/22, 7 AM ET

So I made an estimated payment on 7/14, hoping it would count toward 2nd quarter. But now I keep getting the error. So I suspect maybe it just uses standard calendar quarters? If so then it wouldn't reset until October 1.

Login to Me Too

Jfoobear
Contributor
Contributor

I'm running into this issue as well.  I only have one payment in the calendar quarter, in August.  I had a previous payment in mid-June, but that shouldn't count towards the limit for Q3 no matter how you look at it.  I've also tried 3 browsers, with ad blockers disabled, on MacOS.

For what it's worth, I was able to use PayPal on another site recently that logged in the same way (I think GoFundMe?), so it seems specific to payusatax and maybe other sites.

Login to Me Too

QueueUnderflow
Contributor
Contributor

Welp, Oct. 1 and it's still not working, so that blows my theory about too many payments in a quarter, unless they use really strange quarters...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.