PayPal keeps asking me to add payment method for transaction

travelusmaximus
New Community Member

... , when I already have a linked credit card on file ... then I try to add the same credit card and the next screen asks for payment method all over again. I'm trying to pay a deposit to a legit tour company in Thailand for an upcoming trip. I've never had trouble before with PayPal, it would just automatically proceed using my linked credit card. Thanks!

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey travelusmaximus,

I'm sorry to hear you're not able to make a payment, that would definitely be frustrating. I would advise giving the system 24 hours to reset, clearing your cache and cookies, and attempting a different browser. If this doesn't fix the issue, it's possible the card you're attempting to use is triggering our internal security. If this is the case, you may need to add a different card as a backup payment method. I hope this information helps!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

pegah2
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal keeps asking me to add payment method ! i have only one Bankkonto! and i habe before use it my paypal with out problems
Login to Me Too

TomTom20
New Community Member

I am having the same problem: keeps saying I need to add a payment method, even though I have both a bank account and a debit card attached. This seems to only happen when I am trying to send money abroad and it happens intermittently. I have already written customer support but have not yet received a reply in almost 24 hours. 

Please advise. 

Login to Me Too

lukejames1972
Contributor
Contributor

I have added a total of 4 payment methods but every time I try to send money I am told to "add a payment method" PLEASE HELP

Login to Me Too

R3apercr3w
Contributor
Contributor

So this problem have no resolution ?  

Login to Me Too

Chaoln
Contributor
Contributor

is there no solution? I had this problem since I created my paypal account.

Login to Me Too

sdjme
New Community Member

Same issue here. I have 2 linked checking accounts, 2 linked credit cards, 1 linked debit card. Always asking me to add a payment method. Even tried re-adding and selecting a savings account as well, and that is not available. This looks like a PayPal issue to me. Please advise.

Login to Me Too

lulu118
New Community Member

My paypal works fine until I try to pay one friend and then it keeps asking me to add a payment method I already have 2 cards on there, this doesn't happen with anyone else I pay just this one person who i have paid before with no issues ... anyone know why this is happening?

Login to Me Too

LeonLeybs
New Community Member

So still no fix for this aside from clearing cache and trying a different browser?

This does not work.

Yesterday I sent money to a friend with a linked credit card...  No issues.

Later the same day  as well as today I tried sending the same person additional funds... "Please add a payment option"

Added a debit card, just to be safe... "Please add a payment option"

How do i send money to someone? 

After all these years of being in business, how is it possible that a user cannot send money to another user?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.