PayPal is authorizing $00.00 transactions when client tries to pay invoice

WSUser1
Contributor
Contributor

I have invoiced a client for $98K and PayPal is sending $0.00 authorizations to her credit card company. The credit card is a business account and she has notified the credit card company the charge is valid. Why is PayPal entering a $0.00 authorization instead of the $98,000 invoice amount? Is there a setting that I need to update on my end. The client does not have a paypal account so it's not on her end. She is using the pay with debit/credit option. She has attempted 4 times in the last 2 days. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @WSUser1

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I can understand how running into an issue like this can be a bit concerning. Account verifications, also known as zero-amount or zero-dollar authorizations, are used for verifying the validity of customer credit card information. 

Other than the zero-amount authorization, is the buyer encountering any other decline? If so, I might recommend they create a PayPal account and confirm their card with us to make a payment of that size. 

Good luck with this and future transactions!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.