PayPal is GARBAGE

Mikebishop816
New Community Member

Got three different stories. PayPal even SEO manages their name to trick new people that they have glowing reviews but in actuality their site is not only glitchy as hell but paypal fraudulently holds your money and makes up excuses that literally make no sense. PayPal simply put is garbage and is filled up to the brim with crooks. Square cash and Venmo make PayPal look like a trash it’s a literal joke at the clientele’s expense.

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

MTuaileva
New Community Member
2021 STILL GARBAGE! PayPal Business is a joke and they ALWAYS put holds on transactions. Moving money around the way they do and charging fees should be more than enough reason not to use them.
Login to Me Too

ZaBmw
Contributor
Contributor
IF YOU ARE NEW DO NOT USE THIS TERRIBLE PIECE OF **bleep** **bleep** PLATFORM I WARNED YOU AND YOU WILL BE SORRY
Login to Me Too

roycexx
Contributor
Contributor

I've been with PayPal over 10 years and can't do a simple task as transfer my own money into my already approved bank account. I am done and trying to close my account and having issues doing that. They haven't told me anything legitimate on why I can not simply transfer my own money in my account, instead, they want me to get their debit card to transfer my money on instead. Completely unacceptable!

Login to Me Too

dauphinstrt

Having the same issue.  Have zero issues transferring funds and then suddenly get an error that says "There’s a problem Right now, we’re not able to transfer the money to your bank."  Didn't have a problem the 10-15 other times I transferred money.  Didn't have a problem when I transferred money a few days ago.  What gives?

Login to Me Too

KingTom7
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal is not safe they let foreign companies scam you out of money instead of having your back don’t use PayPal it is pure garbage
Login to Me Too

Kenthom95
Contributor
Contributor
This is the best review of PayPal. They give me the weirdest excuses or excuses that make no sense at all as to why I can’t get my money. I can’t transfer to my account which is verified. I can’t get money at Walmart like they keep suggesting and no agent can help. I’m trying my hardest to get my money and delete this app but even that is difficult. DO NOT USE THIS APP!
Login to Me Too

Temp20210824c
Contributor
Contributor
Absolutely could not agree more. I’ve been waiting on a refund of my own money for over $1,000. It took days just for the refund to post to my PayPal balance from “hold”. After attempting to withdraw my refund, it prompts me to enter my debit card details for instant transfer. After clicking transfer, it fails after about 3 seconds, then prompts me my account is locked due to suspicious activity. I then receive a notification in my account requiring me to upload a picture of my passport and bank statement for PayPal to “review” before I can access my refund. I’m not going to mention the fact that I’ve already paid nearly $75 in paypal fees, and then another $10-$25 service fee to transfer instantly to my bank. Lol, you think square cash and cash app are better than PayPal?! Western Union money transfer is better than PayPal. If you wrote a paper check in Los Angeles, walked to New York, then swam across the Atlantic to pay for a European eBay transaction, you could probably swim back to the US, and your money would still be pending “review” by the time you got back. If I had to guess, PayPal (like many major banks) place arbitrary holds on medium to large sized transactions to accrue interest on the “hold” while the transfer is “pending”. They then tell the client it’s due to account safety, suspicious activity, or some other arbitrary bogus claim, even when you’re trying to pay yourself your own money, and the information you’re entering about your bank account/debit card matches your PayPal account info to a tee. Put simply, in modern day 2021, PayPal is a joke. There are so many better alternatives.
Login to Me Too

thelns
New Community Member

Paypal charged 21 dollars when wester union charged 7.

Paypal is trash! and soon, crypto will destroy this stupid business model. 

"Greed is good" is a useless movie line that the US seems to be obsessed with. Greed is in fact horrible for Customers and makes for a wonderful liability. Hope this company burns@!  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.