PayPal has taken $1000 out of my account and won’t explain it

October2021
New Community Member
PayPal took out $1000 from my account and will not explain it. When I call customer service, they put me on hold and disappear. I keep yelling hello and no one responds. I had made a payment on a negative balance that never reflected but was taken out of my bank account, then they separately took payments out once again from my bank account that I never authorized. When I call them they actually say that they have no explanation for where that money went. PayPal is committing fraud and robbing people of their money. I will be disputing this with my bank but everyone needs to stop using PayPal because they’re actually stealing thousands of dollars now!
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@October2021 

If you have failed bank transfer then Paypal automatically keep trying to access those funds to clear your negative balance.
They have already fronted the payment to the seller on your behalf and so want the money owed.

If you sent a bank transfer to your Paypal account and Paypal also automatically applied for the funds as well then you would have 2 payments processing to your paypal balance.
The first one to arrive will clear the negative balance and the second one will be credited as a + to your balance and you can withdraw it back to your balance once cleared.

As they go via echeques then allow 5-7 days for them to go via ACH before they hit your Paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.