PayPal has hidden the Classic invoicing view again. How do I switch back to classic invoicing.

KellyRocks
Contributor
Contributor

A couple of days ago I was able to switch to Classic invoicing to create invoices but tonight when I tried to create an invoice I can't find the option anymore.  Where did PayPal move it to.

I need the Classic invoicing as the new format does not work well for me.

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

KellyRocks
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker 

I just got a response back from PayPal support and Classic View is no longer available.  See below.

"I'm sorry for the inconvenience Kelly. We have slowly rolled out "Switch to Classic" for invoicing. We had this feature available as this newer version of invoicing is what will now be used. Our systems have updated the invoicing interface and the classic version is no longer available. We transitioned this slowly until all accounts have been updated to the new version. I do apologize for this inconvenience."

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KellyRocks 

You don’t see the “Switch to Classic Invoicing” option in the Settings drop down menu on the non-Classic Manage Invoices page?

Try this.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

KellyRocks
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker

No, the option to Switch to Classic is gone.

The new set of options are

- Customers

- Business Information

- Items

- Taxes

- Templates

- Automatic Reminders

These don't seem like "setting" to me.  

Try logging in and let me know what you see.

Login to Me Too
Solved

KellyRocks
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker 

I just got a response back from PayPal support and Classic View is no longer available.  See below.

"I'm sorry for the inconvenience Kelly. We have slowly rolled out "Switch to Classic" for invoicing. We had this feature available as this newer version of invoicing is what will now be used. Our systems have updated the invoicing interface and the classic version is no longer available. We transitioned this slowly until all accounts have been updated to the new version. I do apologize for this inconvenience."

Login to Me Too

merlineast
New Community Member

After 20 years with PayPal this might be the straw that broke the camel's back.... 

Login to Me Too

Chrisandco
New Community Member

I have to agree, the tips option is gone and I got a fair bit of income through tips. What were they thinking??

Login to Me Too

KellyRocks
Contributor
Contributor

I have also found no easy way to link from the address book to creating a new invoice.  In the classic view you could create a new contact and then click a button to "Add to invoice".  That option appears to be gone as well.

Login to Me Too

chucklemaker
Contributor
Contributor

This reminds me of large companies like car manufacturers where the engineers designing the product are not driving the product and the upper management is not communicating with the engineers. 

I am all for improvements, just make sure you are not eliminating or hiding features that are important to users. 

The new interface is clunkier and requires you to open additional drop-downs to get to things like additional customer information which I use to insert the customer's project file name.

Also, I do not like the reference field at the bottom rather than the top.

Regards

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KellyRocks 

https://www.paypal.com/invoice/invoice-template-generator

Log in first and use the link, then type in some preliminary info then click ‘preview and send’ button. It goes to an edit page for you to make adjustments.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

KellyRocks
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker I looks like the Classic Invoice when I open it but it doesn't function like the Classic Invoice.

In the "Bill To:" field if you click on the icon on the right hand side of the field it is supposed to take you to your address book and then you can pop a name into the invoice from the address book.  This doesn't work.  For me I get an empty screen instead of the address book.

If I try to open the icon in a new window it goes to my address book but then there is no way to get the name back into the invoice without cutting and pasting it.  The Classic invoicing had a button "Add to invoice" which is now missing in the new experience.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.