PayPal for South Africans

Sim16
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Is it legal for South Africans to use PayPal's split payments?

I was told that we cannot use it because all monies received by admin [me], must first enter South Africa, before it is split and paid to vendors. But I think my bank is mistaken.

So please can you confirm that it is legal for a South African to use PayPal's Split payment service.

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sim16 

Ask Paypal customer services.

We have no idea what is or is not legal in your country unfortunately.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Sim16,

Welcome to the PayPal Community! After some digging I wasn't able to confirm if it's available in your location yet or not. However, I was able to confirm if it is available, you'll be able to see it when you click Send & Request at the top of the page, then click Request, type in who you want to split with and the amount. We'll generate a money request for each of the people you've chosen. You can use Bill Split on existing transactions and transactions you haven't made yet. You may see the words "Split this" in your activity when splitting a bill is available.

If you don't see that option, it's not yet available in your location. 

Have a great day!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Sim16
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you very much for your kind reply. I do have these options on my PayPal dashboard. However, my question is with regard to a global marketplace, where many transactions have to be split simultaneously. I would like to know if it is legal for a South African to use PayPal Split payments and PayPal Mass Payouts. Apparently, it is not. At least, that is what my bank tells me. They say that all monies received by me [ admin of my site], must first enter the country before it can be split. This will obviously be too costly and time consuming. But I am sure PayPal would not make this available to me if it was not legal for me to use it. So that is why I am inquiring here, if maybe my bank was wrong? Is it legal for me [ a South African] to use Paypal Split payments and Mass Payouts? TY

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.