PayPal debit card went negative??? How???

jjjoeyr
New Community Member
I use PayPal debit only and for free trials so I don’t have to cancel them, we’ll somehow I got charged 53 dollars and went negative 53 dollars because there was 0 funds in my PayPal account, my question is if I never set up direct deposit or let alone ever put money in this account how did it let me go negative? How can I dispute this id rather it cancel my subscription and un negative my account I do not want to be sold to a debt collector for a free trial I never planned on actually paying for afterwards. It declined the transaction twice and then the next morning I woke up and somehow it went through! I don’t understand banks don’t let you overdraft if you don’t have funds or direct deposit why did PayPal??? I only use this card for free trials I don’t plan on paying for!!! If this gets put on my credit when it’s a debit card not a credit card I will be talking to my attorney to dispute this I believe this is some sort of way for pay pal to force you to pay fees of some sort! why would they let it go through! I’m gonna just use fake card generators from now on!
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jjjoeyr 

When you pay a seller using paypal its rarely instant > paypal pay the seller upfront and paypal wait for the payment to transfer from your funding source.

This is so there is no delay in the seller providing any goods or services.

If your funding source fails then they will put your account into negative until you pay them back again.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.